Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Freak Flag

Today I noticed my freak flag was flying high, and thought I would share.

Now I have many freakish qualities to choose from, but the one that probably consumes the most of my time is present giving. I know, I know, giving a person a present is a good thing, but for some reason in my mind, I take present giving to a whole new level.

See, I want every present that I give to be perfect! I want the recipient to open the box and exclaim that it is exactly what they wanted, and that they could have never continued living without it!

…Okay, that might have been a bit of an exaggeration, (another one of my fabulously freaky qualities) but I really do put way too much thought and energy into present giving. For example, here is my present spreadsheet (yes, I said spreadsheet)

This is last year’s spreadsheet (just in case anyone is looking for their name), but I have another one just like it for this year. The left column is Birthday Presents, and the right column is Christmas Presents. The colors change throughout the year as presents are bought, and as Birthdays pass (my 2011 spreadsheet is a lot more colorful).

Okay, so why am I telling you all this...because this is one of my fabulously freaky quality that I love! I love to give presents! I love shopping and searching for the perfect present, and most of all I love people’s reaction and love the way it makes me feel. (N8dogg and my brother-in-law Buffalo often joke about the euphoria I get from present giving, all of which I find not funny).

I know it is somewhat freaky, and over the years, I have tried to tone it down, but I just cannot help it. So, now that you know about one of my fantastically freaky qualities watch for present updates!
Pin It!

No comments: