Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Look!

Hey!
 Have you noticed my Blog's new look? 
 Well, what do you think? 
 Personally, I am kind of in love with it.
 I especially love my new header.
 Believe it or not it actually started out as N8dogg and I's Christmas card. 

Funny story. 

So, like most people I have always wanted to do the "cute family picture on your Christmas card" thing. I just love the idea of a cute personalized Christmas card, and I swore this year it was going to happen...
Well, fast forward a few months, vaguely remember N8dogg's hatred of pictures, come to the realization that it is never going to happen, and you basically have the mid-November scenario at our house this year.

Complete disappointment...until I found the cutest Etsy Shop ever!

Jell + ink is an amazing custom card, stationary, and invitation shop owned by the very talented Jes Elliot. I absolutely loved every image in her shop, and decided that I had to have one of her creations for our Christmas card this year.

I chose to do a Christmas card with Myself, N8dogg, and the cats on it. (Yes, I know, pathetic). I just answered a few simple questions about how I wanted the image to look, and then submitted my order. I only had to wait about 5 days before Jes emailed me my image; and instantly I fell in love!

I loved the image so much that I asked Jes if I could use it as the header on my blog. She graciously Okayed my request, and with the help of a couple of simple tutorials I was able to give my blog a mini makeover.

Quick Note: Always ask before using something you did not create, and make sure to give credit where credit is due. Not to be harsh, but bad things can happen if this rule is not respected. 
Okay, moving on.

I first started with the How to Make Graphics in Word Tutorial from MADE.
Dana does a great job on this tutorial, and after a little trial and error, and editing in Picnik, I was able to come up with this:

 Cute, huh! I am seriously in love with it!

So, after I put my new header up I realized that I was in desperate need of a new background. I decided to head over to The Cutest Blog on the Block to find a new background that would match my cute new header, and this is what I found: 
 

I really like the simplicity of it, and I think it gives my blog a simple and clean look. Which is exactly what I was going for. :o)

Okay, so after putting up my new background I was pretty much done until I found this tutorial at I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar. Do you know what at Favicon is, because I had no clue? Which is probably why I was shocked at how easy it was to create one. After a couple of misses I came up with this:
Very simple, yet very appropriate. 
I love it!

So, there you have it, frame by frame of my Blog's mini makeover. 
What do you think? 
I think that it still has a long way to go before I am completely happy with it, but for now I am pretty much in love with it. 
(Just thought I would reiterate that in case you weren't sure how I felt). 
:o) 

Happy Thursday!
What? It's already Thursday!
Are you ready for Christmas? 
I'm NOT! 
Ha! Had to vent that. I feel a little better now. 
Thanks! 

Happy Thursday!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Stac said...

I am loving the new look and enjoy your blog! I must say I'm your biggest fan! ;)

Kami@KamiandN8dogg said...

Thanks girl! :o)