Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is it just me...

Or did everyone decide to skip Thanksgiving this year and move straight on to Christmas? 

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas! I really do, but I love Thanksgiving too, and think that it is entitled to a little shelf space. 
(If you have recently been into ANY department store you know what I am talking about).

Well, even though Thanksgiving is being overlooked by the masses (at least the department store masses) it is in full swing at our house.
 

We put up our Thanksgiving decor and got out all of our Pumpkin Spice Scents. Yum!


Some of these decorations are new, some I have had since before we were married...


And some of them we even got for our wedding.


Just another perk of having a wedding in the Fall I guess. :o)

Oh, and remember my BATS...

Well, after I took them down my walls looked...kind of sad...so I decided to put up some...


LEAVES!


Yay! (Can you tell I am super excited about them).


I was going for the "blown in the front door look" here...


Not so sure I pulled it off... what do you think? 


Oh, and did you notice that my leaves have two layers? 

These packages of  foam come with both glittery pieces and plain pieces. I never thought about doing this to the bats, but I really liked how the leaves looked doubled up.

Oh, and I see now that the brown leaf wasn't the best color choice for this photo.

Hopefully I will have a few more Thanksgiving posts before it is time to get out the Christmas decor, which by the way happens the day after Thanksgiving at our house and not a minute before! :o) 


Happy Wednesday! 

Pin It!

No comments: