Friday, November 4, 2011

Ruffled Wrapping


So, have you ever needed to wrap a present...and been completely out of wrapping paper? I mean no wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, or even newspaper. 

Completely and totally out of everything!

Well, that was the situation at our house last night, and while I was making the dreaded decision of whether or not to drive into town and brave Wal-Mart, I had an idea...

I know, Yellow and Red is a little Ronald McDonaldish, but they were all I had. 

I bought some crepe paper streamers at the dollar store a couple of months ago with a plan to make some of THESE, and last night in a moment of brilliance I decided to whip up some and use them as wrapping paper.

They are really simple to make and sew up pretty quick.


So, I sewed up a nice big pile and started wrapping my box.


 

I used 3 pieces of tape per line...


And wrapped until the box was completely covered. 



The top was a little tricky...




And didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but it worked.




And there you have it! A simple ruffled wrapping job.



Oh, are you wondering what's in the box?

Well...


Aren't the cute! They are for my Mom's Birthday today. (She kind of has a Gingerbread Christmas Theme going on).

Happy Birthday Mama Jo!
And 
Happy Friday!







Pin It!

No comments: