Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Do you like my so called costume?


I decided to try a few new tutorials
(well, new to me),
and it just...kind of...fell together. :o)


I did a little freezer paper stenciling...


Tutorial found HERE at MADE.
 

Made some arm warmers from a pair of socks...


Tutorial found HERE at I AM MOMMA HEAR ME ROAR.


And a super cute, super easy, Big Bow...


Which I decided to make my own tutorial for.

Yay! 

1. I cut a piece of felt in to a 9" X 8" rectangle, but you could use any dimensions you would like.



2. I folded the rectangle in half.


3. Then I sewed around the border, and through all the corners, leaving a small opening in the front.



4. I clipped the corners.


5. Then turned it right side out, and put a little hot glue on the opening.


6. I pinched the center until I got the look I wanted.


7. Then wrapped a scrap of felt around the middle, and hot glued it together.


8. For the final step I added an elastic band on the back, but you could easily add a clip or pin if you wanted.



And there you have it! A super simple, super cute, Big Bow!



Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

Oh, and if you are looking for the perfect treat for tonight, try making some of these...


Cute, Huh! And they were really simple. I found them HERE at FAKE GINGER.


Have a Happy Halloween! 




Pin It!

No comments: