Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weekend Memories with Subway Art

Hello, and Happy Wednesday!

Seriously, is it really Wednesday already!

Where has this week gone?

 By the way, sorry I have been MIA the last couple of weeks.

N8dogg and I have been trying to find a new normal, and it has been much harder than I thought it would be, but no worries I think things are finally starting to fall into place. :o)

Anyway, today I wanted to show you the Subway Art I made to commemorate a family weekend we had a little while ago.


You see, since I am a horrible picture taker (often times because I forget to actually take the picture) I decided that I needed another way to commemorate weekends like this one.

So, I decided to take my current obsession with Subway Art, and make a memory version. :o)

I started by writing down things I remembered from our weekend.

Such as, Caylee's obsession with putting on my makeup...


And Lucas' new found LOVE of all things Football.


Then, I used different fonts and colors in Picmonkey to turn my words into Subway Art.

Now, you could stop there if you wanted to.

Just print it out, frame it up, and you're all set.

TA-DA!

However, I wanted to take mine to the next level. :o)

So, I bought some 8x10 canvas, and used Delia's Distressed Canvas Tutorial to make some Distressed Subway Art.


TA-DA!

What do you think?

Honestly, I think it's pretty cute, and I love that it means something to N8dogg and I. :o)

Now, I will always remember the weekend that we found Caylee a pair of Glittered High Heals,


And she proclaimed it to be the BEST. DAY. EVER.


Yes Caylee, it most certainly was. :o)

Happy Wednesday! 

Pin It!

No comments: