Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome Back!

Hello, and Happy Monday!

Can I just say that it feels good to be here. 

I have really been missing this...and crafting too for that matter.

Let's just hope that my dry spell is over, and that I can get back to some serious creating. :o)

Anyway, I wanted to show you what I have been working on this weekend.

 

What do you think?

I am not sure if I like it or not? 

I think it's one of those projects that needs to grow on me.

Anyway, here's what I did. 

I started with a plain white "Welcome" sign that I found at  Krumpet's Local Warehouse Clearance Event for $5.00.


I painted it teal, and then while the paint was still damp I used a dry rag to wipe off the excess in order to expose some of the white.


Next, I took some brown paint and watered it down, then painted it on and wiped it off just like I did with the teal. 


Then, I just I continued adding some paint and wiping it off until I got the look that I wanted. 


Even though I am not sure the finished project is exactly what I wanted, I guess it's not too bad for a $5.00 sign.

I am just hoping I will like it better once I get it hung up in my entry way... 


Pictures to come. :o)
Happy Monday! 


Pin It!

No comments: