So far...I have a skirt...and now a tunic! :o)
I started with 2 yards of blue knit fabric from fabric.com that I bought on clearance for about $2.00 a yard.
I folded it into fourths, and then waited for my helper to leave. :o)
After BB left, I took one of my shirts, folded in half, and laid it on the right hand corner of my fabric.
Then, I cut around the outline of my shirt cutting all the way down to the end of the fabric.
I removed my shirt, and then cut the neckline.
In hindsight I wish I had cut the neckline a little smaller, because after it was hemmed it was a little wide.
Anyway, after I got it cut out I hemmed the neckline and the sleeves, and then sewed up the sides.
Then, I determined how long I wanted my tunic, and cut off the bottom band.
Next, I measured the band around my waist, and cut off the excess.
I took the bottom piece, sewed up the side, folded it over into a band, and pressed it down.
Then, I sewed the band onto the tunic just like an elastic...
And that's it!
All in all I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
It fits just like I wanted it to...except for the neckline...and if anything it's definitely comfy. :o)
2 pieces of clothing down...hopefully more to come!