Friday, June 29, 2012

A Moment of Temporary Insanity that turned out to be Awesome...

Ok, so to explain the final highlight of this past weekend we have to start from the beginning.

I have long hair.

Like, to my waist long hair.

It is thick and wavy, and I love it.

Well, at least I thought I loved it...

For the past year I have pulled my hair up in a bun on the side of my head.

No matter how my hair started out each morning by the middle of the day it would end up in a bun on the side of my head.

Now, don't get me wrong I saw nothing wrong with my bun...until I started getting headaches.

Yep, for the past couple of weeks I have been getting headaches from my bun.

At first it wasn't that big of deal, and then one night while I was at work my head started hurting so bad that I basically had to ripe my bun out.


Yep, that would be 9, count'em, 9 elastics were holding up my one bun!

That was enough to realize that I was in desperate need of a hair cut.

However, over the next week or so I hummed and hawed about it, and the level of desperateness dissipated...until I tried to actually "do" my hair on Saturday.

I will spare you the details, and just tell you that after 2 hours of blow drying, curling, and combing I was still standing in front of the bathroom mirror.

There was hair everywhere, I was late, I was in tears, and I had no choice but to pull my hair into a bun.

It was horrible.

Then, on Sunday N8dogg said let's do it. Let's just cut it off...

And I agreed.

So, he grabbed a razor blade...


And 17" later...




I had a new do.




I call it a moment of temporary insanity...that turned out to be really Awesome.

What do you think?

Happy Freaking Friday!

Pin It!

No comments: