Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cream Cheese Rangoons!

So, remember my Smoke Detector Saga from Yesterday?

Remember these:


N8dogg and I love Cream Cheese Rangoons, and after Sunday night we needed some love. :o)

So, I got out my supplies, and fried up a batch.


And since they are so good I thought I would share the recipe with you. :o)

You need:
  • A package of Won Ton wrappers (found in the produce section of your grocery store)
  • 1 (to 2) 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese (depending on how full you stuff your Rangoons) 
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • A couple of cups of oil for frying (we use our Fry Daddy, but you can use a pan too)

Ok, first thing you want to do is set up your wrapping station.


I lay out everything on a cutting board.
  1. Open a package of  Cream Cheese, and set on plate with a spoon. 
  2. Mix your egg and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl to make your egg wash. 
  3. Open your Won Ton wrappers, and set a stack on your cutting board.
  4. Get out a cookie sheet to place your wrapped Rangoons on. 

Ok, once you have everything set up your ready to start wrapping. 

First, grab a Won Ton wrapper from your stack...


Then, add a little Cream Cheese...


Real Quick: We just use plain old Cream Cheese as filling, but really the possibilities are endless. You could add Chives (like Panda), Onions, Garlic Powder, or Worcester Sauce. Really anything goes. :o)

Also, I have found the best way to add the Cream Cheese (or whatever mixture your using) is to use a tea spoon, and then use the back of another tea spoon to scrap it off onto the wanton wrapper. It's kind of like working with cookie dough, and making really small cookies. :o) 

Ok, after you have added the Cream Cheese brush the sides of your Won Ton wrapper with the egg wash. I just use my finger, because I have found it works the best, but you could use a kitchen brush or even a paint brush to do this.


Next, just fold your wanton wrapper into a triangle, and press the sides firmly together.


Ta-Da! 

Now, just put your Rangoon on the cookie sheet, and start again.

Then, after you've made a few...or a bunch.


It's time to fry!

Like I said before we use our Fry Daddy, but you could just as easily heat the oil on the stove. Just be really careful, because Hot Oil is extremely dangerous.

I like to fry about 3 at a time, and give them one to two minutes on each side until they are golden brown.


If you are making a big batch, then I would set up another cookie sheet with a couple of layers of paper towels. However, since we were making a small batch I just placed some paper towels on a plate.


Give them a couple of minutes to cool off, and then eat and enjoy!

Then make some more, because they are really addicting. :o)


Happy Wednesday! 


Pin It!

No comments: