Friday, February 17, 2012

A Chalkboard Canvas

Good Morning!

I can't believe that it's already Friday!

Yay!

Anyone else excited for a Three Day Weekend?

I know I am!

 I have to work, but I have some awesome projects planned, so that kind of makes up for it. :o)

A couple of those projects have to do with this...
 

  Ok, can I just tell you how much I LOVE chalkboard paint!

It's pretty amazing stuff, and the best part is that it's really easy to use.

Which is a BIG plus in my book! :o)

Ok, so I started with a 24 in. x 30 in. canvas from Michaels.

(If they aren't already on sale, make sure to use a coupon because they can get kind of pricey).
  

While I was there I also picked up some Martha Stewart chalkboard paint (in green).  


Then, I just started painting. 


QUICK NOTE: Because it's canvas it's not really that sturdy. So, I added a piece of foam board on the back for support and it made a world of difference.


 Ok, so after a couple of coats it needs at least 24 hours to dry before conditioning.

Conditioning?

Yep, conditioning.

At first it sounded kind of intimidating to me, but then I found out it just means to lightly rub chalk over the surface that you painted.

So, I bought some chalk... 


And did some conditioning. 


Oh, and it can get kind of messy...
 

so, you probably won't want to do this on the carpet like I did. :o) 

Ok, so once it's conditioned your all done!

Now just get out your chalk, and go to town!  :o)


Happy Friday! 









Pin It!